This is a quick little dice game that leaves much to be desired. As it stands this is a no buy here is why:
- The included game book is missing key pieces of information - There is no pole score per person.
- There is no indication of what kind of dice you have to roll -- we can assume its 2d6 based on the table but it is not explicitly mentioned in the rules.
- Your pole position has absolutly no relevence on the game score and only used for longer term games.
- There is nothing here that gives you the feeling that you are racing cars against each other, you could just roll all 8 segments out for each car and then add up the scores. If I were not simulating the game there might be some kind of tension.
- A lot of things are simply unclear no matter how many times you read the rules.
- There is no flair or understanding of what the 1921 season was like, how many cars competed in each race? What were the historical outcomes? All you get is a half finished spreadsheet.
I played this game by writing a python program around it to simulate a bunch of races. I figure if you're on a road trip or something this game might be interesting to play.